Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween Festivities

On October 26th, we went to a Halloween Party that a girl from work hosted. Her name is Micah and is the sweetest girl ever! Dallin and I dressed up as Minions from Despicable Me. It was a fun costume to make! I cut off the ends of foam cups for the goggles and sewed them to a headband and printed of the G and sewed them onto the shirt.

















October 28th
Jack and Susan came over for Family night and we had pumpkin bars and carved pumpkins. I forgot how much I do not like scooping the guts out! It grosses me out so bad! It was very fun though!





Wednesday October 30th
Today, I was given a great opportunity. I have been looking around different departments at Vivint, to find a way to move up for quite some time. Well, last night, one of the Program Managers informed me that Dave Allred and Cheyenne Thatcher were looking to interview people for a new regional assistant. I applied immediately. Early this morning, I got a text saying I had an interview at 8:30. My interview felt like it went great! They called me back into their office that afternoon to ask me some more questions. They also had me talk with the regional assistant I was replacing to ask him any questions. I talked to my boss and he was very supportive of me taking the position if it was offered to me. Now I just had to wait to see if I got it!

Halloween!!!
Today was officially the most stressful and most eventful Halloween I have ever had. Dave and Cheyenne told me that they would tell me this morning whether I got the job or not. I sat by the door in my 8:30 class just in case they called. I sat tapping my feet through my 10 o'clock class. By the time I got to institute, I was on edge! I figured they would have called me by now if I got the job. Well, I can tell you, I was nervous beyond belief, because all of a sudden my phone started ringing. My heart dropped into my stomach and I could feel it pounding. When I looked at my phone to see who was calling, it was Dallin! Man, was I stressed. I got to work, and everybody dressed up for Halloween. About 30 minutes after I got there, Dave and Cheyenne called me into their office. After what seemed like forever, they finally told me that they would like to have me on their team and that I got the job!! I could not believe it! I was in shock!! The Lord had his hand in this whole thing. I knew he was there with me from the very beginning!

That night, we went to our ward trunk-or-treat. We only had 10 minutes to decorate our car, so we threw something together super quick! Dallin and I were laughing, because we were like uhhh... what do new married couples do on Halloween? All we did before was go to dance parties and before that trick-or-treat. So, we decided to hang out with some of our best friends, Jack, Susan, Finch, and Katelyn. We ate some treats and watched Hunger Games. Dallin and I didn't get to bed until 1:30. That is for sure a new record for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment